Carers Emergency Response Service
This service provides specialist short-term emergency home-based cover (up to 72 hours) to those people who are looked after at home by an unpaid Carer in cases when a Carer has an emergency and can no longer provide care.
Sometimes events occur that are unplanned and if you are the main Carer for someone when this happens, you will need to think about yourself and the person you care for.
We can help with:
- Washing and dressing
- Helping getting in and out of bed
- Preparing meals and drinks
- Medication management
- Light cleaning and shopping
Unless unpaid Carers have already received this service and currently registered, all new referrals must come via one of the following sources.
- Adult Social Care and Out of Hours Team, (maximum period 48 hours over a weekend and up to 72 hours over a Bank Holiday).
- General Practitioners, (for a maximum of 72 hours any time of day, 24 hours a day 7 days a week).
- Long Term Condition Matron Team, (for a maximum of 72 hours any time of day, 24 hours a day 7 days a week).
This service is not available for:
- Increases in domiciliary care packages.
- Situations where a domiciliary care provider cannot complete all its contracted visits.
- To cover for paid Carers or Personal assistants who are experiencing difficulties.
- When the (unpaid carer) has a planned future engagement such as hospital appointments etc.
You may be assured that Gemcare South West will provide you with experienced, trained and helpful Carers to look after your loved one in your absence.
This service is provided by Gemcare South West Limited.
- Plymouth City Council Contracted Supplier
- Dementia Quality Mark
- Office hours, 8am to 5pm
- Weekends, 7am to 4pm
- Bank holidays, 7am to 4pm
- On-Call24 hours, 365 days
- 17 to 25 years old
- 26 to 64 years old
Back to search